Louisiana DUI Lawyer in Cameron Parish
Protecting Your Rights after a DUI in Louisiana
Protecting Your Driving Privileges after a DUI in Cameron
Were you arrested in Cameron or in Cameron Parish for DUI? An arrest for DUI in Louisiana is a serious charge and is best handled by a professional and experienced attorney. Cameron DUI attorney Shane Hinch aggressively fights Louisiana DUI charges and protects the rights of his clients in court. With extensive experience in Louisiana DUI law, Shane Hinch understands the complexity of DUI law and helps clients build the best defense for their case. Cameron Parish DUI attorney Shane Hinch offers a free initial consultation to discuss your case and the DUI charges you face. To schedule a free initial consultation now, call (337) 214-4075 or you may fill out the consultation form found on the left side of this page. It is important that you do not wait to speak with a DUI attorney because time is important in your case. Call now for help with your Cameron DUI charges today.
- Shane Hinch is named one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the United States by the National Trial Lawyers
- Recognized as an expert in the field of Criminal Defense by Acadiana Profile Top Lawyers of 2014, a peer reviewed process conducted by Professional Research Services
- Extensive experience in fighting Louisiana DUI charges, and a proven track-record of success
- Selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine for attaining a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement
- Free initial consultation to begin discussing your case right away, simply call (337) 214-4075 or fill out the consultation form on the left side of this page
Louisiana drunk driving charges need to be taken seriously. It is important that you get in touch with a Cameron DUI attorney today or as soon as possible after an arrest for DUI in Cameron Parish. For a free consultation with Shane Hinch in Cameron, call (337) 214-4075 or fill out the consultation form found on the left side of this page.
Louisiana DUI Charges
An arrest for DUI in Louisiana results in two separate cases: a criminal proceeding for the intoxicated driving charge and the administrative proceeding which can lead to the suspension of your driver’s license. Shane Hinch can represent you in both cases to protect your rights, your freedom, and your driving privileges. After an arrest for DUI in Louisiana, it is important to remember that you have only 30 days after your arrest to request an administrative hearing in order to challenge the suspension of your driver’s license. If you do not request this hearing within the 15 day time period, your license will be automatically suspended.
If you are arrested for first offense DUI, you may face up to six months of imprisonment or fines up to $1000. You could be required to serve community service and attend mandatory meetings for substance abuse, driver impairment, or a MADD victims panel. If your BAC was over .15, you may face enhanced penalties. If your BAC was over .20, you may face increased penalties plus the required use of an ignition interlock device. The penalties for a second, third, and fourth offense or more DUI in Louisiana has separate and increased penalties. There are also specific penalties for Vehicular Homicide, Vehicular Negligent Injury, and Underage DUI. To discuss the specifics of your case, call Cameron DUI attorney Shane Hinch at (337) 214-4075 today.
About Cameron DUI Attorney Shane Hinch
Call (337) 214-4075
Cameron DUI attorney Shane Hinch graduated from Albany Law School in 2004 with a Juris Doctor. He discusses all the legal options available to you in your Louisiana DUI case. He reviews every aspect of your DUI case to ensure that your rights were not violated at any point during your arrest, and will investigate all aspects of your case to ensure all proper protocols were followed by law enforcement. To fight DUI charges, an attorney needs to know how the police build their case, and Shane Hinch knows what police look for to use as evidence against you in the courtroom. With this knowledge and understanding of police procedures, Cameron DUI lawyer Shane Hinch can aggressively and effectively defend your case in the courtroom and challenge the prosecutor’s evidence against you.
Shane Hinch’s honors and awards include the following:
- Admitted and testified as an expert in Criminal Law by the Honorable Judge Sharon Wilson in the 14th Judicial District for the Parish of Calcasieu
- Recognized as an expert in the field of Criminal Defense by Acadiana Profile Top Lawyers of 2014, which is a peer reviewed process conducted by Professional Research Services
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the United States by the National Trial Lawyers
- Rated AV Preeminent in 2013 and 2014 by Martindale Hubbell
- Selected for the 2014 Louisiana Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers
Cameron Parish DUI lawyer Shane Hinch’s Professional Associations and Memberships include the following:
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Association of Justice
- Louisiana Association of Justice
- American Bar Association
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association
- The National Trial Lawyers
- Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Contact a Cameron Parish DUI Attorney Today
To schedule a free initial consultation with Cameron Parish DUI attorney Shane Hinch, simply call (337) 214-4075 right away or fill out the consultation form found on the left side of this page. Time is important in Louisiana DUI cases so do not wait, and call today.