Alabama DUI Attorneys
The Get help from a Alabama DUI Lawyer by calling 1-800-852-8005 or:
Hiring an Alabama DUI Attorney
If you have been charged with a DUI in Alabama, there are two things that you need to consider:
1. Take your Alabama DUI charge seriously.
A conviction for a Alabama DUI will have long lasting consequences. A criminal record can affect your employment, your future and your personal freedom.
2. Hire an experienced Alabama DUI Attorney.
Understanding the Alabama DUI laws and courtroom proceedings can be a challenge. Hiring the qualified Alabama DUI Attorney can make a difference in the outcome of your drunk driving charge. Again, call (800) 852-8005 or simply select your county from the drop-down menu above.
The Alabama DUI Attorneys at DUI.com offer an initial review of your drunk driving charge. Your inquiry is both free and confidential.
To begin fighting your DUI charge in Alabama, use the list above to locate a Alabama DUI Lawyer in your county. But do it now, as time is very critical in a Alabama DUI case.
What Happens To First Time Offenders for DUI/DUI in Alabama?
Alabama First Offender
If you have 08% BAC (blood alcohol content) or any amount that would render the driver incapable of safely driving. DUI applies to both alcohol and drugs – even prescription drugs.
- Fine: $600-$2100.
- Additional $100 fine to Impaired Drivers Trust Fund.
- Imprisonment: Not more than 1 year (no mandatory minimum).
- Driver’s License Suspended – 90 days.
Alcohol Education or Treatment:
Following conviction, all offenders receive a mandatory alcohol assessment/evaluation to determine the nature and extent of their alcohol problems. The assessment costs $50 and the offender usually pays.
- All offenders are required to attend education or treatment as recommended by the assessment.
- In most cases, repeat offenders are required to attend an intensive out-patient treatment program with monitoring by the court referral officer.
- Offenders failing to comply with the terms of their program are not eligible for license reinstatement and may be returned to the court for further action.
Under 21 (first offense):
Under 21 with .02% BAC, but less than .08%:
- 30 days license Suspension
- If Juvenile (under 18), may impose delinquency dispositions, including $250 fine Completion of DUI/Substance Abuse Court Referral Program
Under 21 with .08% BAC and over:
- DUI Fines only, may not assess additional Juvenile fine of $250; but if under 18, may utilize other juvenile dispositional alternatives.
Day Care and School Bus Drivers – .02% BAC or more (first offense):
- 1 year license suspension
- Fine – $600 – $2100 and/or
- Imprisonment for not more than 1 year
- Completion of DUI/Substance Abuse Court Referral Program
Commercial Vehicle Drivers (First Violation):
- 1 Year Suspension: for a BAC of .04 or more.
- 2 Year Suspension: for failure to submit to test.
Upon conviction or guilty plea, your insurance rates will probably rise to an unmanageable level. Your current company may drop your account and you may pay much more for less coverage at another carrier.